By day, Danielle works in digital marketing. She holds an Hon. BA with double major in Film Studies & Anthropology and a post-graduate diploma in Corporate Communications and Public Relations.
Over the last decade, she has worked in various capacities for several arts organizations including but not limited to: Toronto 2015 Pan Am/Parapan Am Games, Canadian Opera Company, Massey Hall, the Toronto International Film Festival, Hot Docs, Toronto Fringe, Summerworks, the AGO, CFC Worldwide Short Film Festival, Luminato, and more.
When not working or live-tweeting, she can be found zipping around the city on her keen mint-green bicycle, throwing axes at Batl, playing Kittens in a Blender at Snakes & Lattes, or sitting in the dark at theatres such as TIFF Bell Lightbox, the Humber Cinema or the Bloor Hot Docs Box. She also runs the beauty blog darlingmagpie.com.
As Heard On
– Podcast appearance on The Matinee #70 – Seven Psychopaths, In Bruges and Adaptation
– Podcast appearance on In Between Days #6
Over 200 articles about film and the arts on BlogTO from 2007-2012. You can read these postings here: Danielle D’Ornellas on blogto
Selected blogTO posts
- Toronto After Dark Film Festival 2012 Preview
- Highlights from Anime North 2012
- Best of Hot Docs 2012
- Highs and Lows of Wizard World Comic Con 2012
- Studio Ghibli Retrospective Arrives at the TIFF Bell Lightbox
- Cold war sci-fi series kicks up at storm at the Lightbox
- Lars von Trier makes waves at TIFF Bell Lightbox
- Top 5 Films to see at the Toronto After Dark Film Festival 2011
- Top 5 Canadian Films at TIFF 2011
- Alice in Wonderland lives up to the hype (National Ballet review – also featured in TOnight print edition)
– Centennial College Dean’s Newsletter, Spring 2012
For those who didn’t grow up in Canada, ‘househippo.org’ refers to an infamous television commercial seen here: Thanks YouTube