Nov 4-10: Freebies of the Week – Free samples, contests & more.
I’ve been writing about frugality for over a year now, and if there’s one thing I’ve discovered, it’s that other people STILL don’t know how to find free stuff. Back when I was an undergrad I remember finding the best ways to maximize my opportunities, whether it was free cake on my birthday or student discounts. And even as an adult with a grown-up job, if there’s one thing I love, it’s samples! Whether it’s free coffee, snacks, medicine, make-up, I want it! The problem is that so many free sample sites are full of a lot of bloat, because they are more interested in quantity (and more ads), not quality. So I’m going to try to post a “Freebie of the Week” post with some of my favourite finds and photographic evidence of previous samples I’ve received! This idea may evolve as time goes on, and who knows? I may have some giveaways of my own!
Just a warning, here is some stuff you won’t find here: Baby samples, free cloud storage, free samples with purchase, perfume samples and things not available in Canada. These are all readily available everywhere else and you don’t need my help to find it.
Free Samples of the week
- Free 2 capsule sample of Robax Platinum – If you’re anything like me, you pull your back at least a few times a year, and these puppies might be just the thing between you and a good night of sleep. Sign up here.
- Febreze Sleep Serenity – You got kids, cats, dogs, a stinky partner or roommate? Maybe this room spray can do the trick. Register for the free sample here.
- World’s Best Cat Litter Rebate – Buy a participating product from World’s Best Cat Litter and get a free mail-in rebate. If you are a multi-cat household like me, any LITTER BIT HELPS (pun pun pun.) Get your rebate form here.
- Mario Badescu Free Samples – Get a package of several samples of skin care products after filling out a simple survey. Once the survey is done they will try to get to you to buy some products, but just ignore it, it’s unrelated. Like their page and go!
- Free Telus Calendar – Who DOESN’T love Telus’s great advertisements with cute animals? Say what you will about their plans, I want my year to be full of their ridiculously over-photoshopped animals. Get it here.
- U by Kotex Free Samples – This one has run off and on for awhile, I got mine just this week. Sign up and get one of the remaining sample packs.
- Advil Nighttime Trial Offer – Sign up to receive a free sample pack of Advil’s new formula. Good for when you’re in pain, but just need to sleep. Get it here.
Contests of the Week
- Goldwell Canada – Grand Prize is one YEAR of hairdressing, and there will be 10 second place and 20 third place prize packs distributed. Enter here
- Lindt Chocolate Canada – Win free chocolate for a YEAR! (Also, get a $1 off coupon for chocolate. Win win?) Like their Facebook page here.
- Tim Hortons Coffee for a Year – Fill out a quick survey about your most recent Tim Hortons experience and you’ll be entered to win coffee for a year! Fill out the survey here.
- A Year’s Supply of Elizabeth Grant Skincare Products – Only a few days left to enter this contest! Enter today.
- Win a Benefit Canada gift set with TopBox! – Win a faaabulous brow and eye kit from my beloveds at Benefit Canada. Enter here.
Email/App Bonuses of the Week
So these are one-time-use kinda things, some of which you may be already aware of. But if you haven’t already registered, why not give it a go?
- Swiss Chalet Free appetizer with email registration – It’s getting dark at 5 p.m. y’all, it’s time to get some Swiss Chalet Festive Special! Sign up for Rotisserie Mail (cutest newsletter ever) to get a free appetizer with your order and they send out promos on a regular basis. Sign up here.
- Download the 711 App for Free Large Hot Beverage – If you like caffeine as much as I do, every free drink is a welcome drink. Download the 711 app for coupons, promotions and a free large hot beverage! Get the app here.
Find any good samples or contests lately? Share below! Have a freebie you want to share? Email me!
Image Credits: Top